Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Rantings and nice things...


Well, life is sometimes full of rantings. Can't help it. I finally doctored my resume a bit more and am getting more views on Monster and a few letters from some places. I am still ranting because this whole process is so hard. Waiting, waiting and waiting. Emailing resumes to ginormous corporations using their online employment system seems so, so useless. Do they even look? Anyhoo, this past Sunday, the nicest thing happened. Brita auntie and family were en route from Washington to Canada. They decided to stop by Buffalo and I actually got to meet up with them! It was an awesome feeling seeing them after a decade! I couldn't believe it and still can't believe it that Sadaf, the little kid who I used to play 'kitchen kitchen' with is now in college. Time doesn't wait for anyone does it. What I would do to go back to those days when I was a little kid. We had dinner at Fridays and chit chatted about the past, present and future. It was a fun night.
I have been drawing a lot lately using crayola markers. Yeah, I know it sounds very 5 year old but hey it has been a little stress relieving. What else? This summer heat in Buffalo is madness. The AC in our apartment does not work. I called the maintenance people so many times but to no avail. I have become this grizzly bear...haven't done eyebrows in about 2 months now....hair is a rat sack, skin is a rat...skin? Anyways, you get the gist.

1 comment:

Kawsar said...

hmmm ... if you use crayola on your resume some corporation may find that creative and free-spirited and call you for an interview. But then you would have to keep that up the during the interview as well ... lol, kidding. Best of luck with the process. Hopefully you will soon be sucked into one of these corporations and smile at your (optimistic?) posts.
-Kawsar K (remember me :) ? - it hasn't been a decade yet i don't think)