Sunday, July 13, 2008

My favorite cleansers

RINSE OFF CLEANSERS
1. LUSH Coalface soap $10.95 for 3.5oz (I however bought it at the store and asked the nice lady to cut a real tiny pieace for me, something like 0.1lb and it came up to $6.35 for it). Its only been about a month since I have been using this soap. It smells like licorice as it contains that and charcoal and stuff. I like it so far as it gets my oily/combination skin squeaky clean and also removes remnant make-up (after using a wipe-off cleanser). Its important to follow up with moisturizer though.
2. Olay Deep Cleansing Face Wash for Combination skin with Witch Hazel ($2.94 at Wal Mart). I started using following in the footsteps of Gowri, who gorgeous sand like shimmery skin. I like this one too. Its velvetty in texture and a little goes a long way.
EXFOLIATOR
3. Biore's Pore Unclogging Scrub ($5.94 at Wal Mart). I like this one. The granules in this are big enough to scrub my blackheady skin but small enough not to hurt my skin. It leaves this minty fresh feeling after you've used this. Skin feels cool and refreshed. Love it.
MASK
4. Freemans Facial Clay Mask with Avocado and Oatmeal ($3.27 at Wal Mart). Beware, using this on your face may yield you clear, large-pores free skin, however it does hurt your eyes a lot. I don't know if it is just me, but this thing makes me cry. I don't know if it is the fragrance or the what. Maybe won't repurchase. First one and last one.
WIPE-OFF CLEANSER
5. Johnson's 3 in 1 Facial Cleanser (Not available in the US but around $4 in Oman). I usually remove all my make-up with a cotton pad using this cleanser. It gets every thing off, kohl, mascara, blush, etc. After this I wash my face with a rinse-off cleanser. This was suggested to me by a Lancome skin-expert. She said to remove all make up with a cotton pad soaked in any cleanser (or even baby oil) and then to wash it off. Works for me. This formulation is very light, non-oily and does the job.
6. Ponds Deep Cleansing Cucumber Cleanser ($4 something in Wal Mart). I bought this is yet another wipe-off cleanser. This one is also very effective in removing makeup, however due to the high-mineral oil content, I follow up with a towel soaked in lukewarm water to get all the residue off. After which I use my rinse-off cleanser.

No comments: