Saturday, July 19, 2008

Ricotta Raspberry Dip


Once again I went on a culinary escapade...to my kitchen. You know how they always have the 2 for $5 raspberry pints. I always get those and I always, always successfully finish the first box within first 10 minutes of purchase. Theres only like 10 raspberries in there anyways. So the other box I devour the next day but usually they get a little soft and mushy just within the next day. So today, I came up with this:

1 pint raspberries
1 cup ricotta cheese
4 tbsp honey

I chopped the raspberrys really well (mulled them) and then I put them in a bowl and then dumped in a cup of ricotta cheese and added generous dollops of honey (how much ever sweet you want it) and mixed everything really well. I let it sit in the refrigerator for about 2 hours. I tasted some and it was delish. Although I ate it just by itself as a dessert, I think this would taste really nice as a spread on a plain bagel or inside a crepe. My food photography skills suck royally, but some illustration is better than none :)

1 comment:

Hellzparadise said...

Never have I seen a more versatile person as you Daffy. You are good at what you do and you do a lot. Your recent escapades into the cooking world are really awesome. Although I will probably never trust myself to indulge in one of these recipes, I regret not being around to taste them. I never liked granola bars. The truth of the matter is that I don't think I've ever gone past a tinny winny bite. Tomar recipe pore, I think I've found a new found love for granola bars. Your rasperry dip sounds exotic, but what are you going to dip it in? Oh, I know, toomi bowl'ta niye bed upor boshbe and that's pretty much it :) Aight, chef-in-the-making, amake call diyo ghoom theke uthe. As soon as I hung up yesterday, I began missing you and your purddy voice.