Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Strange Condition...


So I was thinking...about blogging. And I am, well, blogging about it. Blogging- writing comments on a particular subject. At least thats what Wikipedia says. I, however, view blogging as writing a diary--not so much commenting on a political or social situation. A very public diary, that is. Now my question of concern is that although I use it as a diary, how much can I write here? I mean I didn't start writing here to keep it a private thing. If that was the case, then I would have just bought a cute looking journal and wrote in that...but writing by hand is almost becoming obsolete. Back to the point---I feel this (blogs) is a good way for loved ones far away to keep in touch. Obviously writing emails is a good thing if one wants to keep in touch with family and friends far away but then again an email is different from a blog entry. Blogs are sometimes incoherent and a muddle of things you wouldn't put all at once in an email, unless you write emails in a different manner.
So on blogs--- how explicit can I get with my thoughts and feelings. Could I write about things that would redeem ugly consequences? Probably not. I mean I don't think I could write about that pesky girl who annoyed me the other day or the cute guy who I have a crush on or even the professor who is driving me nuts with assignments. Those are just examples---completely fictional. But can one really write their true feelings, from deep within their hearts and minds and not worry about it? I am sure there are people who do it and have no qualms whatsoever...I, on the other hand, like to keep a few things to myself--situations where 1+1 doesn't equal 2 or thoughts that won't be digested well by anyone...But I like writing...and I guess with inhibitions, reservations and using measuring cups, I will continue to pen my filtered thoughts...

No comments: