Friday, November 2, 2007

Kitchentastic...



After entering the surveys on the computer at work, I was off to the gym. A little treadmill was all this period and flu infested body could endure. I went into the sauna for a hot second. Someone once told me it helps lose water weight. Eh...don't know bout that. Anyhoo, walked home. Watched America's Next Top Model. Then Gowri came to pick me up...we went to Tops to shop the stuff she needed for making fried chicken for her baby love.
Then we came over to my place and then we entered what can be described as a 'Southern phenomena'. We made fried chicken, southern style. We seasoned the flour real welll and then seasoned the chicken also made a pool of buttermilk. How southern can you get? The result was ultra-crispy, ultra-juicy fried chicken. Mmmm...real good. We ate some pumpkin pie with vanilla ice-cream (gowri's sudden pumpkin pie craving kicked in as we are grocery shopping.)...That was phenomenal too. Off she went to Ryan's and I came back to find out that my time in the kitchen had only begun. My roommate is going to something called a 'hotpot' event. It's a dish that people prepare by putting anything and everything into a hotpot and cooking. I don't mean to sound demeaning or crazy by saying anything and everything. They put stuff like lots of meats, veggies and rice maybe and they all eat out of it together. Sounds like something I'd totally be up for. Angela then tells me that she is going to take a flan. I knew I just had to help her knowing that this was her first time attempting baking. I went to Tilova's (my other good friend who is a real great baker herself.) and borrowed her hand-held mixer. Then I went on to make the caramel coating for Angela's flan and then burnt my finger with some melted sugar on it. Okay, FYI, melted hot sugar realllyyyy hurts. A lot. Whooh! So anyways, she seems set now with her flan mixture and all. I am back to writing my paper that's due Tuesday. This is one of those papers that could make or break your class grade. Very petrified.
Now...I just want to lay down...

No comments: