Saturday, December 22, 2007

Wow christmas is almost here...


...and I am not in my glistening white, beautiful, snowed in Buffalo. Yes, I called Buffalo beautiful because no matter how blizzardy, cold and ugly it gets sometimes, its beautiful to me because of the last 6 years that I have spent there.

Christmas is just a couple of millions of seconds away and I can picture most major shopping centers all around the world hustling and bustling with people from all walks of life trying to finish their christmas shopping---very last minute though! I know many of you wonder whether Christmas is celebrated here in Oman (some sweet person assumed I celebrate kwanzaa---very cute.), it is very much celebrated here in much vigor and color. There's christmas decor everywhere you go and the spirit is definitely around too.

Every religion's major festivals are celebrated here...it's quite surprising to many but the middle east is a melting pot of different religions.

Anyways, I had all these thoughts for all people all around the world:
-All loved ones: You are blessed, cherish it!
-All not-loved ones: It's impossible, there's at least a someone who loves you but you just don't know it or don't want to know about it.

No comments: