Saturday, August 30, 2008

7-grain pasta


I've just discovered a fun way to eat pasta. We all know that when we hear the word 'pasta' our mind conjures up images such as big hips, cankles and bloatedness. True to my bangladeshi roots, I have always loved rice and bread more than anything else but I also like pasta every now and then. So anyways, I haven't been able to go and buy rice for a few weeks now so I reached out for the Ronzoni Healthy Harvest 7 Grain Blend Pasta that was sitting on the counter. I love anything whole wheat and multi-grain so I loved this one too. I made it real easy. I sauteed some chopped shallot, garlic and serrano peppers in some olive oil. Followed with some chopped shrimp, turkey sausage and mixed vegetables. I seasoned it with some italian herb mix, salt and pepper. I closed the deal with some shaved parmesan cheese (I use the block and not the stuff that comes in the green shaker bottle). I drizzled some more extra virgin olive oil in the end to make it even more delicious and shiny. I know you're thinking all those stuff are probably the weirdest things to go in a pasta, but it actually came out quite really good (although I did end up putting a little more oil, sorry mom). So anyways, don't put too much oil because then it defies the whole point of having health food. But this multigrain pasta is not bad at all. I am definitely going to make it again. Sorry was too hungry and forgot to take picture. Next time.

No comments: