Wednesday, October 1, 2008

How I spent eid...


Eid Mubarak everyone! Yay! Smiles! Okay, so my day went by like any other day mainly because it was a weekday and no one really did anything today. This weekend hopefully there might be some eid celebrations. I went for a walk, but before that I whipped up this amazing salad and I have to, have to share with y'all:

Wheatberry Cranberry Salad (adapted from ellie kreuger's recipe)

2 cups cooked wheatberries
1 cup chopped dried cranberries
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 chopped cucumber (ellie kreuger used celery)
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp salt

Mix, chill, eat.
Yeah its health food it is so so good.

1 comment:

Lost in thought said...

Hey, yeah, it exiting. So have fun. Your comment just reminded me of a something. "When we have lots of something we don't care". I don't like having all those sweets, but i dread the day when I can't have them and miss em.