Sunday, October 5, 2008

Eid Dinner 2...


This time the dinner was at Mohammed's place. This guy single-handedly made an array of dishes for so many people. For main course he made biryani, kababs, tandoori chicken, yogurt salad and for dessert he made creme caramel and to top it all he also made some chai with zesty spices such as cardamom and fennel. Wow. After devouring that delicious dinner, Kanta apu put henna on the top of my hands ( i dont like putting it on my palms because it becomes a task while washing face, making food, etc.)I am not a big aficionado of henna (because of the herby astringent like smell). I let her put it on me anyways after seeing the beautiful design she drew on zinnia's hand. As you can see from the picture, she really did and amazing job! I really enjoyed this Eid. It was a fun night. It relieved me of my sadness and depression that I was undergoing due to not being able to celebrate eid with my family back in Oman. So there is this tech career fair on Tuesday and I am thinking of going to it. I need to go and buy a suit or nice button down shirt. All my stuff looks kind of run down. I overwash all my clothes and so they start looking really tattered within months of buying. Oh so my cousin, Shabab, (mom's sister's son) is getting married early november. I wish I could be there. Gosh sometimes, I just regret being here, I should be back home with family and relatives. I mean I love my friends here and my life here in general but my heart does lie somewhere else most of the time. I didn't grow up here and this isn't my home. Just a temporary sort of camping spot (weird analogy). The untimely deaths of my uncle and aunt keep running through my mind and I am left stark sleepless at night. I wouldn't be able to sanely live with myself if (god forbid) I have to hear any more news like that while I am still here thousands of miles away. I am sorry that I took a sharp turn from eid dinner to deaths but yeah I just thought of writing about it. Hope to make it to the gym today for some biking. I just realized that my clothes are getting tighter...

1 comment:

B said...

My pants are super tight now. I moved on to wearing only sweats haha.