Saturday, October 4, 2008

Eid dinner...


Its starting to get cooler now (it is 44F now and feels like 41F)-- so thats kind of cold for fall. Anyways, I went to the gym today for some low-key workout (ever since my backache, I haven't been able to run or go on the elliptical). I did that for a bit and came home to get ready for the eid dinner at ifti bhai's house. I had an awesome time. Ifti bhai's wife just came a few days ago and she prepared a delicious spread for a bunch of us. She is this beautiful and serene woman who has the prettiest smile ever! She made khichuri (rice with lentils), chicken curry, egg curry, etc. and boy she made lots of it! Enough to feed a few armies! I ate so much and as you can tell from the pic, I wore a salwar kameez after so long! It felt good :) We chit chatted about so much stuff. I miss hanging out with bangladeshis...theres just a handful of us here and with conflicting schedules we rarely get to hang out like this. Just got back not too long ago...going to go to sleep soon *yawn* after finishing my relaxation tea (which is a blend of peppermint, licorice, chammomile and some other jazz). I really like it.
*Runs to kitchen to pour tea*

No comments: