Sunday, March 9, 2008
Okay, so last four days have been rather unpleasant for more reasons than one. The throat bug is here and it is here to stay. Let me reiterate all the various remedies I have tried in no particular order:
1) Made some Citrus Green Tea with Marigold petals (thats the flavor of the tea) and added some ground black pepper for some zing. Didn't do much.
2) Boiled a quart of water and upon coming to a boil, added a tablespoon of Vicks Vaporub. Inhaled the concoction until it burned my brain...so spicy these things. Comme ci comme ca.
3) Made some more green tea and this time added cayenne pepper. Wow...very zingy. But kind of soothes that itchy, burning sensation of the throat. Mind you this was done at 5:30am this morning.
4) Took two sprays of Rhinocort nasal spray. Don't ask why. I have a very retarded upper respiratory system where one glitch is related to another.
5) Then the age-old classic: Gargling with saline solution. So lazy to gargle.
6) Gave my nose a saline wash. This time I added some soda bicarb to the salt solution as this is supposed to help provide nourishment to the nose. Go figure. This was prescribed by my doctor.
7) Inhaled some eucalyptus essential oil and smeared it on my forehead, nose, neck, etc. By now, I smell like an apothecary.
Anyways, so thats the story about my tonsils giving me the boot. I am defrosting a piece of chicken breast so will make some chicken soup later. You know when you're sick, you don't feel like doing anything. Okay, bet all of you knew that. Okay take care of me. Ta