Monday, March 9, 2009

A long post...hopefully!

Its been 10 days since I have landed in Oman yet all my toiletries, makeup, trinkets, etc. are in quart-sized ziploc bags lying on top of the living room table. I still have my carry-on with all my other trinket-y kind of stuff in it, half open somewhere by the couch. I need to realize that my home...is now my new home lol. Ugh---this is what happens when you don't write in a long time, you forget how to. As for my bedding, I didn't mention this but for the last 3 years I have been (I was) sleeping on a futon mattress (which I dearly loved and dearly miss). Its been that long since my back has slept on those move-with-your-every-motion spring mattress. So right now, while there's 2 beds waiting for me, I have laid out myself a mattress on the living room floor and while my parents have to live with astonishment everyday, I am happy with my arrangement lol. I guess old habits die hard! I've been cooking a lot--not a surprise I guess. So one thing that is annoying me by its and bits is the fact that I can't browse online to my hearts content. Why you ask? Although we have Broadband at home, our monthly bill increases depending on data downloaded. And by download I mean visiting blogs with a gazillion pictures to opening a simple attachment. So yeah---bummer there. I am sticking to things like limited facebook, excessive gmail and moderate blog-reading. I am browsing jobs online too. But other than minor issues like limited internet browsing, everything is good. Ma got very, very sick recently and she still is. Its viral and its mimicking symptoms of dengue, typhoid, etc. and although it hurts me to see her in pain, I am glad I am right here, by her side to look after her. Hope she heals soon :) Oman is a quiet, quaint place and very very clean. I love the fact that we get these small red onions here, fresh grated coconut at your fingertips and best of all, a line to dry your clothes crisp in the sun.


But, I do miss Buffalo and my little room and the little window.

1 comment:

Lost in thought said...

Good to know you are settling in. Well don't be so scared to use the net. Each GB is 1R.O. (do not convert to USD :P ) so with 3 rials you are good for normal browsing. You will get understand once you get the first bill.
See you around !!